John Shufeldt’s story isn’t conventional.
He’s a born entrepreneur, starting his business career selling candles and hand-dipped, homemade chocolates as a child. In his teen years and beyond, he mowed lawns, worked as a bee keeper, drove an ambulance, worked in a factory, owned a chain of hot dog stands, ran a vending machine business with his son, and additionally leased and flew both fixed and rotor wing aircraft.
Eventually, he would go on to start his own urgent care practice as an Emergency Physician, taking it to 58 clinics nationwide, and becoming the largest privately owned urgent care group.
What makes Dr. Shufeldt so unique is not his interesting business resume, it’s his incredible ability to lead businesses and teams to success.
The difference in Dr. Shufeldt’s leadership is felt and demonstrated perfectly at a simple look at the office culture his style breeds.
The attitudes and work ethics in his employees are a rare find. These productive and innovate environments aren’t manufactured by micromanagement, they are nurtured by a “lead from the front”, servant leadership style. Shufeldt’s teams respect him, enjoy him, and produce positive performance-based metrics. Their motivation isn’t fear-based, it’s passion based; he doesn’t tell them what to do or script any mantras.
So how does he develop unique and lucrative teams?
He has not only written the leadership style that produces these results in Ingredients of Outliers, but he also speaks about these traits in, schools, and business summits nationwide and also coaches leaders to success, one-on-one.
He is most passionate about the following leadership topics:
- Looking Ahead- Developing the traits necessary to excel
- Outliers- Unleash Your Own Untapped Potential
- Career Transitions- Identify when it’s time for a change, and make the change skillfully
- Dealing with Disruptive Professionals- Identify problems, and proactively remedy them while fostering an environment of positivity and productivity
- Leading Teams- Lead from the front while garnering support and buy-in OR Thrive and tap into your team’s potential by leading from the front
- Creating a Sense of Urgency- Light the fire and propel your team into success- now!
- Ingredients of Young Outliers- Achieve your most amazing future by understanding the recipe of an outlier, and learn how you can become one, too.