John received his BA from Drake University in 1982 and his MD from the University of Health Sciences/ The Chicago Medical School in 1986. He completed his Emergency Medicine Residency at Christ Hospital and Medical Center in 1989 where he spent his final year as Chief Resident.
John received his MBA in 1995, and his Juris Doctorate in 2005, both from Arizona State University.
He founded numerous health and non-health care businesses and continues to practice emergency medicine and law. He writes and lectures on a variety of subject matters to graduate medical, business and law students, businesses, entrepreneurs, and professional associations.
He is an adjunct professor at the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law where he teaches a clinic on Health Law Entrepreneurism.
He serves on the Drake University Board of Trustees and the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law Alumni Board.
John is an expert at speaking about the following law-related topics:
- Smile, You ‘re on Candid Camera – Legal Implications to Pre-hospital Video Recording
- HIPAA: How to Navigate the Red Tape and Ensure your Practice Stays Current
- Medical Malpractice Misadventures: Tales from the Dark Side
- Patient Safety and Risk Management in On-demand Medicine
- Medical Malpractice Claims: Lessons from the Vioxx Verdict
- Employee versus Independent Contractor Status
- How Not to Get Sued and What to Do if You Do
- Pre-hospital Healthcare Law